Sunday, March 6, 2011
More Gluten Free Cupcakes
I don't know what to call these muffins, but just like the last recipe I shared, they're going to indulge the lazy side of the gluten free chef as they're based on a cake mix. But that makes them no less awesome, I assure you. These disappear at record speed. Here's what you'll need:
* 1 bag Namaste Foods, Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix
* 1/2c oil - I used about 3tbs butter and filled in the balance of the measuring cup with coconut oil
* 2oz (Approx.) cream cheese
* 3 large eggs
* 1/2c (Approx.) Pecans
* 4 - 5oz (Approx.) Chocolate chips
* Dried cranberries (I get these from the co-op, but "Craisins" might work as well)
* Macaroon coconut for topping
Heat oven to 350*F, as directed by the mix package. Put paper liners into muffin pan (I prefer a stoneware pan for nice, even baking).
Chop or grind pecans to taste. I usually pound them into powder, but if you prefer chunks, that's fine too. Set aside.
Soften cream cheese, butter, and coconut oil briefly in microwave, but be careful to not overheat them or they'll cook your eggs. Mash up then whip with the eggs. Add cake mix and pecans gradually, mixing after each addition.
Add chocolate chips and/or dried cranberries, as desired, and mix.
Portion into miffin/cupcake tins. I usually fill about 3/4 full or so. Sprinkle coconut on top. Bake 20-25 min until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pans and cool muffins until cool enough to eat without burning your tongue. Enjoy.
Makes 24+ muffins.