I've been working off and on with 2lbs of a 75% Coopworth wool, 25% Bombyx silk roving, and it was dragging on and on. I finally got over my motivation issues with it and finished up the lot, yielding an estimated 1200 yards of worsted to heavy worsted, 2 ply yarn. It was spun in the supported long draw style, which worked well with the fiber. I think I'll knit a nice beefy and heavily textured coat style cardigan with it, perhaps cables, but we'll see what actually happens when I actually start working with it.
Almost as soon as the wool/silk was off the wheel, I started working on this Creatively Dyed 50% Merino, 50% Bamboo braid (4oz) that I bought a few years ago at a fiber festival. I've shown here for you photos of the fiber, the singles on the wheel, and the finished and washed yarn. I chose to spin at a higher ratio with the single looped across the flier arm to reduce draw in rate and increase twist in order to reduce the grist of the single. The fiber was split in half-ish, spun on seperate bobbins, and the two plied together. I obviously either didn't split it right or the singles overall were not the same and also seems some of the color blocks do not go all the way through the roving section, so there was variation in the plied yarn and the colors did not match up perfectly. However, I am very pleased with the overall result. There is a large section of green, and the rest of the yardage is varying shades of copper, warm yellows, peach and a touch of purple. It is approximately fingerling weight.
At the moment, I'm planning to knit the Ginkgo Shoulderette Shawl by Fragrant Heart Creations.